Basic Guidelines for Prevention of COVID-19 Infections
The 33rd Tokyo International Film Festival is committed to carrying out infection prevention measures based on the guidelines set by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the Japan Association of Theatre Owners, with the supervision of Minato Public Health Center. We will take every measure to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to secure the safety of press members, as well as audiences. Under these circumstances, procedures for covering the events will differ from previous years, and we greatly appreciate your kind cooperation and understanding on this matter.
The Tokyo International Film Festival will adhere to the following basic guidelines in holding its events:
- TIFF will make every effort to avoid situations that are conducive to the 3Cs (closed spaces, crowded places, close-contact settings) during the festival.
- TIFF will consistently maintain good ventilation in conducting operations.
- TIFF will consistently maintain physical distancing in conducting operations.
- TIFF will make every effort to avoid crowding during events, event preparations, meetings, and interviews.
- TIFF staff will take their temperatures before going to work and upon arrival at work, and will consistently monitor their physical state during working hours.
- Masks will be mandatory. (This will not apply to guests when they are making stage appearances.)
- TIFF staff will take their temperatures and sanitize their hands before meeting guests from the films in the Program. They will also wear face shields, masks, and plastic gloves.
- During conversations, staff will refrain from talking loudly, and being in close-proximity or face-to-face situations.
- Shared equipment and tools will consistently be sanitized after usage.
- TIFF staff will frequently gargle, wash and sanitize their hands.
[Our efforts to prevent infection at the venue]
- For screenings involving film festival guests of the film, we will secure a distance of 2m between the guests on the stage and the seated guests.
- We will measure the temperature of all staff and related persons before entering the venue, and will thoroughly wear masks, washing hands diligently, and sanitize hands and fingers. In addition, some of the staff will wear face guards and gloves.
- In places where face-to-face correspondence with visitors is required, we will install acrylic boards and transparent vinyl curtains to prevent droplet infections.
- Sanitizers will be installed in various places in the venue.
- We will thoroughly disinfect the parts of the venue where you will be able to touch, such as handrails and doorknobs.
- We will use an air-conditioning system that replaces the air inside the theater with the outdoor air, and perform regular ventilation in accordance with the law.
* Each venue is equipped with ventilation equipment that can provide the necessary ventilation for the maximum number of people, and the ventilation equipments are operated appropriately based on various laws and regulations.
- The toilet hand dryer has been discontinued.
- The smoking area (EX Theater Roppongi) in the venue will be operated with a limited number of people.
[Request to visitors attending the film festival]
- Please be sure to wear a mask when you visit the venue.
* If you are not wearing it, your admission may be refused.
- Drinks are allowed to be brought into the theaters, but food will not be permitted.
- Please refrain from visiting the venue or purchasing tickets if you fall under any of the following categories.
- Those who have received a positive test results for novel coronavirus infection or who have been instructed to stay at home by a doctor.
- Those who are waiting for the test results of the novel coronavirus infection
- Those who are suspected of being infected by a novel coronavirus or had close contact with those who are suspected of having a novel coronavirus infection or those who had close contact with a person diagnosed as positive within the past 14 days.
- Those who have visited a country / region where the infection continues to spread within the past 14 days.
- Those who have various symptoms of poor physical condition.
* Those who have symptoms such as fever of 37.5 ℃ or higher, cough, (dyspnea), strong dullness (malaise), pharynx, taste / smell disorder, diarrhea, vomiting / nausea. Not limited to the mentioned symptoms, guests who are not in a good physical condition.
- Purchased tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded under any circumstances.
- Upon your admission, we will perform the temperature measurement with a non-contact thermometer or surface temperature screening with thermography. Depending on the detection result, we will measure the temperature again, and if fever of 37.5 degrees or more is confirmed, we will refuse the admission.
- Please cooperate with the diligent hand washing, use of the provided sanitizer, and observe the cough etiquette.
- At the venue, please avoid crowded places as much as possible and secure a physical distancing.
- In order to avoid congestion while standing in a row during the entering and exiting, we may guide you to secure a physical distance. It may take some time to enter, but we appreciate your cooperation and understanding. When entering or leaving the venue, please keep a secure distance before and after the other visitors.
- Please refrain from cheering at the film festival guests, waiting for their arrival or departure for purpose of giving gifts, etc.
- You can enter the theater by ticket authentication with a QR code. For electronic tickets and printed tickets, please scan the QR code by yourselves.
* If a person is suspected of being infected at the venue, personal information may be provided to public institutions such as public health centers. The acquired personal information will not be used for any other purpose and will be stored for one month..
- We recommend the use of the "Novel Corona Virus Contact Confirmation App (COCOA)" by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.
- If the media confirms an infected person present at the theater, the others who were also present at the theater at the same time are requested to contact the nearest public health center. When a visitor develops an illness, we will respond appropriately in cooperation with the public health center and will inform you on the website of this film festival as necessary. Click here for health centers and health centers in Tokyo
[Day of the screening]
- We may provide personal information to public institutions such as health centers in the event of a suspected case of infection occur at any of the venues. Personal information collected will not be used for any purpose other than that for which it was collected and will be stored for one month.
- Each venue is equipped with ventilation equipment that can provide the necessary ventilation for the maximum number of people in the theater, and these facilities are operated in accordance with the laws and regulations.
- The content of the guidelines may be revised based on the circumstances leading up to the opening of the film festival.
- When new information is released by the government or local government, we will be able to provide the information. Please be sure to check the novel coronavirus countermeasures page before visiting the venue.