About Purchasing Tickets
The tickets for the Tokyo International Film Festival will be available on the official Film Festival website from Oct. 24 (Sat)
,following the lottery sales for mail magazine members and the advance lottery ticket sales.
Tickets can also be purchased at the TIFF Ticket Center located at O-Yane Plaza on the 2nd floor of Roppongi Hills during the film festival.
The 33rd Tokyo International Film Festival is committed to carrying out infection prevention measures based on the guidelines set by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the Japan Association of Theatre Owners, with the supervision of Minato Public Health Center. We will take every measure to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to secure the safety of press members, as well as audiences. Under these circumstances, procedures for covering the events will differ from previous years, and we greatly appreciate your kind cooperation and understanding on this matter.
In order to have as many people as possible to enjoy the films at the Tokyo International Film Festival, the following measures have been formulated in accordance with the Basic Policies for Novel Coronavirus Disease Control (Response to the COVID-19) by the government and the latest Guidelines for Preventing the Spread of Novel Coronavirus in theaters by the Japan Associations of Theater Owners.
In order to ensure a safe viewing environment for everyone, we ask for your cooperation regarding the wearing of masks, refraining from conversation and eating inside the theaters.
Purchased tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded under any circumstances. Please be sure to read and acknowledge the following notes prior to purchasing your tickets.
<Before purchasing a ticket>
The visitors who fall under any of the following categories are kindly requested to refrain from purchasing the tickets.
- ・Those who have tested positive for a novel coronavirus infection or have been instructed by their doctors to stay home.
- ・Those who are waiting for test results of the novel coronavirus infection.
- ・Those who are suspected of being infected by a novel coronavirus or have someone close to you who are suspected of infection or has had intensive contact with someone who has tested positive within the past 14 days.
- ・Those who have visited a country or region where the infection is still spreading within the past 14 days.
- ・Those who have any symptoms of poor health.
*Those who have symptoms of fever over 37.5 degrees, coughing, breathlessness (dyspnea), lethargy, sore throat, dyspepsia, dysgeusia, vomiting, nausea, etc. Visitors who are not feeling well with such symptoms but not limited to it.
<Day of the screening>
In order to ensure a safe and secure viewing environment for everyone, we ask for your cooperation in the following preventive measures.
- ・Upon entry, we will take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer or have your body temperature screened by thermography.
Depending on the results, we may have to re-measure your temperature, and if you have a fever of 37.5°C or higher, we will not be able to allow you in the theater.
- ・Please be sure to wear a mask in the theater except when you are drinking. Failure to do so may result in refusal of admission.
- ・Eating food in the theater is prohibited.
*Drinks are permitted. However, even if you remove your mask temporarily while you are drinking, we ask that you wear your mask when you finish your drink.
<Theaters with admission restrictions>
Certain theaters will have a seating arrangement with one seat on each side vacant and the front and back seat vacant.
Even if you are visiting with friends (including families and children), we ask that you keep the space between your reserved seats vacant.
Information about restricted admission screenings at the theaters will be posted on each film's page of the official Film Festival website.
- ・We may provide personal information to public institutions such as health centers in the event of a suspected case of infection occur at any of the venues. Personal information collected will not be used for any purpose other than that for which it was collected and will be stored for one month.
- ・Each venue is equipped with ventilation equipment that can provide the necessary ventilation for the maximum number of people in the theater, and these facilities are operated in accordance with the laws and regulations.
* Tickets will be issued by QR Code Tickets.
* Following the completion of the payment, we will send you a purchase completion email with a QR code from the domain @ tiff-ticket.net. Please be sure to make the settings so that you can receive email from the domain @ tiff-ticket.net in advance.
* Display your smartphone screen for scanning or bring the print-out at the door.
Pre-order lottery sales
Service Hours 9/27(Fri) 12:00~10/1(Tue) 13:00
Pre-order lottery tickets for Opening Film Tokyo Premiere 2020 "Underdog", Special Screenings "One in a Hundred Thousand", "Josee, the Tiger and the Fish", "Food Luck", "Looking for Magical Doremi" are on sale. Ticket purchase can be made with the order application form available in the film page of official website.
General ticket sales
General tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis at our official web site. Ticket purchase can be made through each film section from below choices of date and time.
Due to the maintenance, we may stop accepting applications for about 20 min
prior to each sale.
Application for purchase/Payment and methods for receiving tickets
- Accessing to the Films Lineup page of your preference
- Click purchase button (Online Ticket Site) in the Schedule/Ticket column of Films Lineup page.
- Follow the directions given in Online Ticket Site and complete purchase transaction.
Payment and methods for receiving tickets
- Credit Card Payment
- QR Code will be sent to the email address which you entered in the purchase completion page.
- Convenience store payment
(Services available only at Family Mart chain stores)
Ticketing service fee of 150 Yen per one seat will be charged.
The customer number (12 digits) and confirmation number (5 digits) will be sent to your email address entered at the time of purchase.
Purchase number will be sent the email address which you entered in the purchase completion page.
Complete payment at Family Mart within the period of 3 days including purchase day.
QR Code will be sent to the email address which you entered in the purchase completion page.
- There will be no General Sales tickets on 10/24 for 5 films sold during the Pre-Order lottery sales.
- In case the reserved ticket date expires, the official film festival site may be able to provide additional sales of the ticket.
- No reminders will be made for timing or initiation of the sales for additional tickets.
Roppongi Hills 2F O-YANE PLAZA
TIFF Ticket Center counters
Service Hours10/31(Sat)～11/9(Mon) from 9:30 am until 20 min. after the start of the venue's last screening of the day.
- Purchase of tickets on sale for all dates and time can not be made at EX Theater.
- Ticket purchase can be made by credit card or in cash.
・Purchase of tickets for Opening/Closing/Special Screenings is limited to 2 per order, and tickets for all other screenings is limited to 4 per order.
||Student Same Day*2
| Available from 0:00
|Tokyo Premiere 2020 All films except for Underdog (including Award-winning Film Screening)
|Special Screenings All films except for Hokusai
Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop, Violet Evergarden: the Movie
|Japanese Animation [Pre-school children admitted]
Sumikkogurashi: Good to Be in the Corner, Sushi Sumo
|All films except for the above
|Japan NowThe Artistry of Koji Fukada
All films except for the above
|All films except for the above
|Youth [Pre-school children admitted]
TIFF-Teens/Teens Meet Cinema
|Co-hosted/Allied Events and Others
・MINATO CINEMA FESTIVAL
・Directors Guild of Japan New Directors Award Film Screening and Symposium
・2020 PFF Award-winning Film Screening
・Screening of an Award-winning Film from SKIP CITY INTERNATIONAL D-Cinema FESTIVAL 2020
|Outdoor Screenigs 2020 in Tokyo Midtown Hibiya, Hibiya Step Square
*1 ¥800 premium fare is added to the above prices for TOHO CINEMAS Roppongi Hills Premier Box Seats and Premier Luxury Seats.
*2 Student ID is required for entry.
Q&A on Tickets
About ticket purchase
- QWhen do tickets go on sale?
The sale will begin from 10/24 (Sat) 10:00 AM. There will be 3 Ticket Sales Period releasing tickets of each sections and are sold through Official Film Festival website.
There are preliminary lottery sales for some of the films. Lottery sales are available from 9 / 30-10 / 2 for the general public.
- QWhere can the tickets be purchased?
The tickets purchase can be made from List of Films page of the official web site.
Operation hours for purchasing are 24 hours following the start of sales. Purchasing of the tickets can also be made at the TIFF ticket center in the venue from October 31 (Sat),
TIFF ticket center
[Service Date and Time]
10/31(Sat)-11/9(Mon)9:30 AM to 20 minutes after the start of the final screening of the day at Roppongi venue.
- QWhat are the payment methods that can be used for purchasing tickets?
- AThe following settlements method are available at the Film Festival official website and the TIFF ticket center.
Purchase at the Film Festival at official website
Credit Card (Visa / MasterCard / JCB / Diners / AmericanExpress)
Convenience store payment (Family Mart) * Ticketing fee is 150 yen per seat.
Purchase at TIFF Ticket Center (Roppongi Hills 2F, Oyane Plaza)
Credit Card (Visa / MasterCard / JCB / Diners / AmericanExpress)
- QAre there specification for email domain settings?
- APlease set to receive the domain @ tiff-ticket.net.
【Using the domain specified reception】
* When using mobile phone domain specified reception, please add "@ tiff-ticket.net".
* When using au (@ ezweb.ne.jp), in addition to the above, add "@ tiff-ticket.net" to the "Spoofing Suppression List".
- QUntil when can the purchase be made？
- AThe purchase deadline varies depending on the payment method of the official website.
Payment by credit card: Up to 20 minutes after the start of the screening of the film you want to see.
Payment at the convenience store: 5 days prior to the screening of film you want to see.
* However, please settle the payment within 3 days including the date of purchase.
Also, tickets at the TIFF Ticket Center can be purchased up to 20 minutes after the start of the screening of the film you want to see.
- QHow many tickets can the purchase be made at a time?
- AThe tickets for Opening film, Closing film, Special Screenings are limited to 2 tickets per application.
Other screening tickets are limited to 4 tickets per application.
- QPurchasing student ticket for 500 yen?
- AThe tickets can be purchased at the official website and TIFF Ticket Center from 0:00 of the day of the screening for each film,
Please bring your student ID card when purchasing and entering. Without the presentation of the ID, the student must pay the difference of the ticket cost.
- QAre TOHO Cinemas Roppongi Premium Box Seat and Premier Luxury Seat available?
- ASeats can be assigned during the ticket purchase. A special charge of 800 yen is required.
- QWill there be additional sales or tickets for day-of-show sold when the tickets are sold out?
General tickets are sometimes resold when the previous payments aren’t settled. No reminders are made for the resell of this tickets. No day-of-show tickets are sold for tickets which advance tickets have been sold out.
- QCan tickets be refunded?
Please be reminded that the purchased tickets are non-refundable or cannot be exchanged.
- QWhat to do when “Sorry page” displays on the ticket site?
- APlease close your browser and try again later.
About collecting your tickets
- QCan children be admitted to the screening?
The pre-school children are not admitted except for the following program.
Japanese Animation Sumikkogurashi: Good to Be in the Corner, Sushi Sumo
TIFF-Children Special Voiceover Performance by Vanilla Yamazaki, Dilili in Paris.
* Free admission for children under 3 years old (up to 1 child per parent)
- QTicketing method at convenience store payment (Family Mart)
1 The customer number (12 digits) and confirmation number (5 digits) will be sent to your email address entered at the time of purchase.
2 Enter your customer number and confirmation number at the Famiport installed at Family Mart and pay at the cash register. "Handling statement and receipt (customer copy)" (voucher ticket) will be issued.
3 After the payment, a purchase email with a QR code will be sent to your email address registered at the time of purchase.
* The payment deadline is 23:59 on the third day, including the date of the purchase. If the deadline has already passed, the reservation will be invalid.
* If you pay at a convenience store, a ticketing fee is 150 yen per seat.
- QWhat can be don when QR Code wasn’t sent?
Please contact the Tokyo International Film Festival Ticket Information Center.
- QWhat can be done when QR Code was lost, or smart phone / tablet devices have malfunctioned, or batteries have run out and cannot display the QR Code?
Please inquire the staff at the Ticket Support Desk located at the theater entrance area. For proof of purchase we may ask for your identification card.
- QHow can I watch the screening following the purchase of the tickets?
Please present the QR code in the purchase email sent to you at the entrance to the screening venue.
The QR code can be printed or displayed on a smartphone or tablet.
* We may ask for the proof of purchase, please bring your identification card.
- Q Is the admission with tickets purchased other than the official website or TIFF Ticket Center permitted?
Unauthorized acts such as for-profit resale of tickets and numbers required at the time of ticket exchange, and QR codes are prohibited.
If a ticket purchase from a site other than the official website or TIFF Ticket Center is found, admission will be refused.
- QWhat to do when the QR code cannot be displayed due to the smartphone or tablet is malfunctioning or out of batteries.
Please contact the "Ticket Support Desk" staff next to the theater entrance.
* ID may be required to confirm your purchase.
- QHow do I enter the theater in wheelchair?
- APlease purchase the general seat tickets and call the Tokyo International Film Festival Ticket Information Center at
the contact telephone number: 050-3538-2499 (operator correspondence).
Reception hours: 10/19 (Mon) to 11/9) (Mon) 12:00 to 18:00 every day
*Closed on 10/24 (Sat) 10:00~18:00
Please visit early on the day and make an inquiry to the screening theater staff. The staff will guide you to the wheelchair area in each screen if there are vacancies. The wheelchair area is limited in number. We may have to decline your request as soon as the area becomes occupied.
In case there are no vacancies, we will be able to guide the guests who are able to move to the seats to the seat which you have purchased and store your wheelchair in the theater. The staff will not be able to carry your body or lift the wheelchair, but will be able to support you by lending their shoulders and hands. Please feel free to ask the staff.
The Tokyo International Film Festival does not sell wheelchair tickets.
If you are unable to enter and view the screening due to the Fire Service Act, etc., you will be refunded on the day of your visit.
- QCan the TOHO Cinema Mileage be used?
- AScreening at the Tokyo International Film Festival is not eligible for TOHO Cinemas Cinema Mileage.
- QCan I get parking service with my purchased ticket?
- ATickets for the Tokyo International Film Festival are not eligible for the parking ticket service at each venue.
Tokyo International Film Festival Information Center
TEL: 050-3538-2499 (call center operator)
Service hours: 10/19 (Mon)~11/9(Mon)12:00~18:00
10/24 (Sat) 10:00-18:00
Basic Information on ticket purchase
Purchase of Openin / Special Screenings / Closing tickets are limited to 2 tickets per purchase. The other screenings are limited to 4 tickets per purchase.
All film festival seats are on reserve basis unless otherwise announced.
Please see website film and event page for details of Admission Free screenings and about participation of events.
- Ticket will not be refunded, exchanged or reissued.
- Wrongful acts such as re-sales of tickets, ticket transaction numbers, and QR codes for commercial purpose are prohibited.
- We will ask a customer to leave if we find out that tickets have not been purchased at TIFF Official Website or TIFF Ticket Center.
- Pre-school children are not allowed to enter the theater, except for screenings designated by the organizer (Children over 3 years old will require a ticket).
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government's Ordinance for Healthy Youth Development prohibits individuals under age of 18 from being at theaters from 23:00 to 4:00. This also applies when these individuals are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Screenings at TIFF are not eligible for Cinemileage (TOHO CINEMAS mileage).
- TIFF tickets are not eligible for parking services at any of the venues.